Thursday, October 29, 2009

Diaster while running

Diego Uturi
Miss kim
English 10(period 10)
04 october , 2009

Disaster while running


One sunny Monday morning of my summer vacation, I woke up very early and i was ready to go for my daily jog routine . Along would come my best friend Jessica she was my neighbor, and my trainer jairo. We were heading to a new park named Osborne, this park had many hills which was an excellent work out we had to run upwards and it had a very nice resting place that was peaceful. Upon my arrival, we noticed that the weather was very strange in many ways such as it been cold and then it became hot and then rainy was a very strange thing to happen on a typical California day. As we starting warming up for our 3 mile jog we kept feeling some little shakes, but we all thought it was probably some big truck passing by making the ground shake. I always assured my mom I would come back home and safe. Jessica had a fear of hills she always cogitated that she would fall because the roads were much narrowed. I always thought she was claustrophobic .My phone ringed i took a glance at the number I screamed "oh apple sauce" I promised her last night I would of called her to go running with me tomorrow morning and I totally forgot. I was frightened to answer her call, Tomasa said "hello" and I responded, “yes" she said "Dieguito are we still going to go running today" and I responded" oh well something came up so well leave it for another day" she replied by saying "oh ok then we’ll leave it for another day" in a very deplorable tone. Tomasa or how i like to call her Tomasita was my sister in law which we had spoken a night before today we were going to go jogging for the first time together. We started our jogging at approximately around 12:43 we started of kind of slow to go pick up our paste and find our comfortable speed. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA is all I heard before i turned around to see Jessica on the floor, I hurried to the floor to ask her what was wrong and she answered" I just saw the some rocks from the mountain on the left falling down to the freeway " I said its ok I’m pretty sure that happens a lot around here ,with the freeway been so close and with this crazy weather right now. Then Jairo pointed out that the floor was shaking every other minute, i was getting a little frightened about all this happening at one time my best friend collapsing of fear and my mentor noticing small quakes. BOMMM! BOOMM! That’s all i heard 5 minutes after our discussion and we looked around and said everything shaking and the mountain rocks falling on cars and buildings and trees falling. We were urged to get to the car, RUN RUN RUN!!!!! My trainer anxiously screamed. We hurried as quickly as we could but we had completed one mile already so we were kind of far, Jessica couldn’t stop screaming which made me more nervous. As we arrived to our Jairo’s car, we noticed that a tree had fallen blocking our path to go home faster. RING RING I desperately looked incoming call Tomasita I eagerly answered saying "hello" before my sister in law answered I heard a people screaming loud and rocks falling and many little shops cracking which led to me dropping my phone and loosing it. Everywhere I looked I saw homes destroyed and cars and many buildings, shops and even the road were all demolished. With Jessica by my side and jairo their hopes were destroyed Jairo had a very concern looked and I knew why his 2 just born twins were at home alone with his wife. Jessica had also left back home her sick grandma and with her sister and dad working know would had been able to go home on time to notice that her grandma was home alone. As their hopes were sorrowful i had to give them courage so i told them "COME ON GET UP LET'S GO " they both replied saying were and I said “to find our family members any survivors a shelter an explanation of what’s going on. I knew that a journey was about the start a new chapter in my life was about to begin. We started heading north down Granada hills’ we couldn’t find anyone or any stores or house opened well at least they at indicated that no one was their or someone who isn’t there anymore. Every minute of this day was going to become memorable in my life. We finally arrived at Jessica neighborhood everything was destroyed a car was on fire it broke her heart and we left I could see the sorrow and the depression in her look. I tried to make up a delusion to make her feel better and I said to her “ maybe everyone came home before and were able to get way “. She started blazon out screaming out” I want to see my grandma and my family” as I saw tears fall down her cheeks I stopped to think about my family but I couldn’t cry well at least I tried not to because I was supposed to be giving them courage but the truth was I was concerned about my family and I was very depressed of the thought one of them were hurt. The streets weren’t the same no more nothing was everything looked like if I were in a new plant were everything was destroyed it seem like a big ball of fire had gone by and burned and destroyed everything. As we came to a stop we saw my neighbor I was so happy for the first time to see him and I ranned as fast as I can to him and asked if he had seen my family? I kept asking all these questions like “where’s my family? Where did they go? Are they all ok? Woo slow down their kid said my neighbor” I saw your family all leave well a big fire truck came and evacuated everyone their all fine, Jessica interrupted asking” what about my family” then Jairo asked the same question he replied to them everyone was evacuated Jessica had a little smile on her face for the first time after this whole disaster had occurred and then she asked” did u see them “ he said no. Then I asked my neighbor named George “wait why weren’t you evacuated “ he said simply because I was in the army and im suppose to go around finding any survivor or injured people so stay here I’m going to get you guys some help to get evacuated theirs terrible fire right now in CSUN . We saw a man with a malevolent look telling us that it was hopeless we were all going to die everything is pointless.

No comments:

Post a Comment